Lumicera Health Services patients have a right to be notified in writing of their rights and obligations before care/service begins. Lumicera staff have a responsibility to protect and promote the rights of their patients. Care is provided in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards, including the following rights.
You have the right to:
- Be fully informed ahead of time about services and care to be provided. This includes information about any modifications to care or the service plan.
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. Lumicera staff should recognize that each person is a unique individual.
- Speak to a health professional.
- Receive information about the scope of care/services that are provided by Lumicera. This includes the right to receive information about the patient management program, which provides administrative information regarding changes or the termination of the program.
- Know about Lumicera’s philosophy and the characteristics of the program. This includes knowing about potential health benefits and the limitations of the services required.
- Reasonable coordination and continuity of services from your previous specialty pharmacy. This means that you will get a timely response when you ask about care, treatment and services.
- Choose your own provider.
- Be notified when you begin receiving care or services, with an explanation of charges for care, treatment, services and equipment. This includes how to make a payment for charges, information about any payments from Medicaid, Medicare or any other third-party payer and an explanation of all forms you are asked to sign.
- Receive quality medications, supplies and services that meet or exceed professional and industry standards. You will get these regardless of race, religion, political belief, gender, social or economic status, age, disease process, DNR status or disability. These items are provided in accordance with physician orders.
- Receive medications, treatment and services from qualified personnel. This includes instructions on self-care, safe and effective operation of equipment, and your responsibilities regarding medications, equipment and services.
- Confidentiality and privacy for the information contained in Lumicera’s records that is protected (except as otherwise provided for by law or third-party payer contracts). You can review and challenge those records. You have the right to have your records corrected for accuracy.
- Receive information about who gets your personal health information. You also have the right to know when your personal health information is disclosed under certain conditions. This is in accordance with applicable law and as specified in the company’s policies and procedures.
- Have personal health information shared with a patient financial or other management program in accordance with state and federal law.
- Express dissatisfaction, concerns or complaints about any care, treatment or service and to report any suspected errors. You can also suggest changes in policy, care and services without discrimination, reprisal, coercion or unreasonable interruption of care and services.
- Have concerns, complaints and dissatisfaction looked into in a timely manner.
- Be advised of any change in the plan of service before the change is made.
- Receive information in a manner, format or language that you understand.
- Get the name and job title of the person providing you with service.
- Request to speak to the supervisor of the person providing you with care.
- Have family members involved in care, treatment and/or service decisions when it is appropriate and allowed by law. We must understand your preferences or that of the decision maker that you chose.
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities.
- Decline participation, revoke consent or disenroll from the patient financial or other management program at any time.
You have the responsibility to:
- Follow the plan of treatment or service prescribed by your physician.
- Help develop a plan for your care, treatment and services.
- Provide truthful and complete medical and personal information, and to notify the patient financial or other management program of any changes. This is necessary for planning for and providing care and services.
- Complete and submit any forms that are necessary for your care and understanding your preferences.
- Ask questions about your care, treatment and/or services. We can clarify any instructions you have received about your medications.
- Let us know about any information, concerns and/or questions about your health or problems you see in adhering to your medication. Also tell us about any unexpected changes in your condition.
- Let your treating providers know that you are a Lumicera pharmacy patient.
- Notify Lumicera if you are going to be unavailable to receive your medication.
- Treat Lumicera staff with respect and dignity regardless of race, religion, political belief, gender, social or economic status, age, disease process, DNR status or disability.
- Care for and safely use medications, supplies and/or equipment. Follow the instructions provided. Use drugs, supplies and equipment for the purpose they are prescribed and only for the person prescribed to.
- Let us know about any concerns you may have with following the instructions or using the equipment provided.
- Protect equipment from fire, water, theft or other damage.
- You agree not to transfer or allow your equipment to be used by any other person without getting Lumicera’s written consent. You also agree not to modify or attempt to make repairs of any kind to the equipment. Modifying equipment or attempting equipment repairs releases the company from any liability related to the equipment and its uses, and from any resulting negative outcomes.
- Pay for equipment rental charges that your insurance company does not cover, unless that goes against federal or state law. You are responsible for making payments on time and for paying the full amount unless you have already made other arrangements with Lumicera.
- Provide accurate clinical and contact information. Let us know if there are any changes in your physical condition. You should also tell us if there are changes to your prescription or insurance coverage. Tell us right away if your address or telephone number changes, even if the change is not permanent.
- Voice your feedback, concerns or complaints, and report errors regarding your specialty drug services. We welcome your input. We want to hear from you and will act on this information quickly and politely. Ensuring quality and safe care, correcting errors, and preventing future issues are top priorities.
- After-Hours Services:
- An answering service will answer Lumicera’s phones after normal business hours. You may leave a message or contact on-call staff by telling the operator that you wish to speak to Lumicera staff.
- Complaint Procedure:
- You have the right and responsibility to express concerns/dissatisfaction, report any suspected errors, or make complaints about services you do or do not receive. You have this right without fear of reprisal, discrimination or unreasonable interruption of services. You may do so by contacting the corporate office. We can be reached at 1.855.847.3553.
- Lumicera has a grievance procedure that ensures that your concerns and complaints will be reviewed. An investigation will be started within 5 business days of receipt of the concern/complaint. Every attempt will be made to resolve grievances within 14 days. You will be informed in writing of the resolution of the complaint/grievance. If more time is needed to reach a resolution, you will also be informed verbally and in writing.
- Procedure to Opt-Out of Patient Management Program:
- If you should not wish to be part of the patient management program please feel free to contact us at 1.855.847.3553 to opt out.
- Opting out of the patient management program will not affect the specialty medication services we provide to you.
Non-Discrimination Statement: Lumicera Health Services (Lumicera) complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. Lumicera does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. Lumicera provides free aid and services to help people with disabilities communicate effectively with us, including TTY services and written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats and other formats). Lumicera provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, including qualified interpreters and information written in other languages. If you need these services, please contact Carrie Aiken, Director, Corporate Compliance, at 1.608.298.5763.
Filing a Grievance or Complaint: If you believe that Lumicera has failed to provide these services or has discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender, you have the option to file a grievance. If you need help filing a grievance, please contact Carrie Aiken for assistance. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email at:
Carrie Aiken, CHC
VP, Chief Compliance Officer
361 Integrity Drive
Madison, WI 53717
Phone: 1.608.298.5763 (TTY: 711)
Email: [email protected]
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights complaint portal at ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Complaint forms are available at: www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Notice
ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711) 。
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711) 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 1.855.847.3553 (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم: 711).
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1.855.847.3553 (телетайп: 711).
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l’italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).
ध्यान दें: यदि आप हिंदी बोलते हैं तो आपके लिए मुफ्त में भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध हैं। 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711) पर कॉल करें।
UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1.855.847.3553 (TTY: 711).