Lumicera’s Oncology Center of Excellence is focused on the diagnosis of any form of cancer. Cancer is diagnosed by a doctor by evaluation of symptoms, blood tests, imaging, and others. Treatment of cancer varies based on type and where the cancer is located. For many patients, treatment of cancer involves many steps and can be quite complex. Symptoms may vary depending on the site where the cancer is located and is diagnosed through evaluation of symptoms, blood tests, imaging and biopsies.
Working together with our patients and their providers, we strive to help patients manage symptoms and side effects related to their cancer therapy, in order to reduce complications and reach you and your doctor’s treatment goals. We’re here to optimize patient well-being through value-driven, tailored services and support.
Improving your health and wellbeing is central to everything we do at Lumicera. We work with you and your doctor to manage your therapy as needed to help you stay on track. Our compassionate clinical pharmacists are here to help you overcome barriers, listen to your personal experience, offer personalized support and provide life-changing therapies to help you get stronger and healthier.
What we’ll do for you:
- Pre-therapy screening, including review of dosing, drug interactions, allergies, medical conditions, disease-specific considerations and lab reports to develop a treatment plan
- Tailored education and support on how to properly take your medication – including injection technique (as applicable) and dosage schedule – and manage any side effects or interactions
- Regular check-ins to monitor your symptoms, evaluate your health status and manage or adjust your therapy as needed to help you stay on track
- Prompt, secure and convenient medication delivery by shipping directly to your home, workplace or clinic
- Streamlined prior authorization support and financial assistance programs that help you afford the medication you need
- Ongoing counseling to understand your unique experience and individual needs
Our experienced team of professionals provide every patient and their doctor with a high standard of care. Lumicera’s certified pharmacists and clinical specialists receive in-depth training and tailored coaching from industry-leading experts to provide exceptional patient care and disease state knowledge. At each interaction / at routine intervals, patients receive counseling and education specific to their condition and care as their treatment progresses. We’re resolute in our mission to improve patient health through developing a comprehensive patient journey while providing the clinical expertise, education and resources our patients deserve.
At every stage of treatment, patients receive high-touch, fully-integrated clinical management through our best-in-class programs and comprehensive patient management system. This includes ongoing touchpoints for the duration of therapy, adverse event and side effect monitoring and adherence support with proactive refill reminders. Over 99% of Lumicera patients are currently enrolled in our programs, with over 90% PDC and 100% new patient satisfaction. We’re engaged through it all – from patient onboarding to retention and progress – to ensure that patients are receiving the greatest benefit from their care.
Providing life-changing medications to patients at the right time, at the right temperature and in the right condition is crucial to improving health outcomes. Lumicera has developed an easy-to-use program to put medications into patient’s hands more quickly and simply than ever before. As a UPS Healthcare partner, we’re able to work directly with prescribers and manufacturers to ensure each prescription ships with an industry-leading turnaround time of 3 days on average. You can also count on the high-touch quality we are known for, as evidenced by our full accreditation from URAC, ACHC and NCQA.
We’re committed to providing specialty medication that patients can’t afford to live without, at prices they can afford to live with. Lumicera’s team of experts identify opportunities to lower patient out-of-pocket costs through various programs, such as:
- Manufacturer copay assistance
- Charitable organizations
- Patient advocacy groups
Currently, 86% of Lumicera patients receive copay assistance, and as a result, they saw an 88% reduction in their copay on average. We’ll also assist patients and providers by helping them navigate insurance, prior authorization coordination and proactive enrollment. We work to remove the financial barriers so that you can focus on your care.
Solid tumor cancers
- Adrenal carcinoma
- Brain tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Esophageal and gastric cancer
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC)
- Small Lung cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans skin (DFSP)
- Aplastic anemia
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES)
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Systemic mastocytosis
American Cancer Society
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
National Cancer Institute
Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist Association (HOPA)
Drug Information and Management Tips for Side Effects